Hello from Palawan!
I’ve been flying all over in the past couple of days. Let me tell you — I am worn out! I can’t wait to get to my own bed in paradise tonight!
It’s been a while since I last wrote a travel series. I’m so excited and have been looking forward to sharing my next adventures with you! The wait is finally over, I am now on my pre-Thanksgiving holiday trip to three continents! Thanks to the costly mistake I made!
The series will consist of the following posts:
- Alaska Airlines Economy Class A320 Washington to Los Angeles
- Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Qantas First Lounge at Los Angeles International (LAX)
- American Airlines Flagship Lounge at Los Angeles International (LAX)
- American Airlines Business Class 787-9 Los Angeles to Shanghai
- Cathay Pacific Lounge at Shanghai Pudong (PVG)
- Cathay Dragon Economy Class A321 Shanghai to Hong Kong
- Cathay Pacific The Wing First Class Lounge at Hong Kong International (HKG)
- Cathay Pacific The Pier First Class Lounge at Hong Kong International (HKG)
- Cathay Pacific Economy Class 777-300 Hong Kong to Manila
- Cebu Pacific Economy Class ATR72 Manila to Busuanga (Round-Trip)
- Al Faro Cosmio Hotel Coron
- Island Adventure: Coron, Palawan
- Turkish Airlines Business Class 777-300ER Manila to Istanbul
- Touristanbul – Free Istanbul City Tour Sponsored by Turkish Airlines
- Turkish Airlines Business Class 777-300ER Istanbul to Los Angeles
I first planned this trip almost a year ago when I saw Turkish Airlines Business Class sale for $1900s Round Trip. The initial intent taking this trip is because I need to qualify for Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles Elite Plus. For the price, I think it’s not a bad run! Plus, I’m ditching my American Airlines Executive Platinum Status that I have for years, so I need something to replace it.
A few months went by. I started making plans and finalized my trip. I decided to spend a couple nights in Palawan – I always heard a nice thing about this exotic place, so I thought, why not. Since I made a costly mistake by booking the trip one week before Thanksgiving, I forcefully had to take almost a week off more than I initially had planned.
Since I would get home the night before Thanksgiving day, why not just extend my trip by going somewhere else. That’s why I decided to redeem 15,000 Turkish Airlines miles flying from Los Angeles to Toronto on Air Canada Business Class – Another reason to review the product. 😉
So I will keep you all posted. Stay tuned!