Although some of you may disagree, Malaysia Airlines is one of my favorite airlines, especially when traveling within Asia. Their hospitality is what really stands out. I always had a great experience flying with them. The crews are warm and kind. My recent flight with them was no exception.
In this series:
- Introduction: New Year 2020 In The South Pacific
- Turkish Airlines Business Class 777-300ER Los Angeles to Istanbul
- Turkish Airlines Business Class 777-300ER Istanbul to Manila
- Malaysia Airlines Business Class 737-800 Manila to Singapore via Kuala Lumpur
- Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge Satellite Terminal – Kuala Lumpur Airport (KUL)
- Jewel Changi Airport
- Qantas International First Lounge – Singapore Changi (SIN)
- Qantas First Class A380 Singapore to Melbourne
- Qantas International First Lounge – Melbourne (MEL)
- Qantas Business Class 737-800 Melbourne to Christchurch
- Doubletree Chateau on the Park – Christchurch, New Zealand
- Christchurch Botanic Gardens and Tour Around the City
- Getting Lost in the Countryside: Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park
- Air New Zealand Domestic Lounge – Christchurch (CHC)
- Air New Zealand (Premium) Economy 787-9 Christchurch to Auckland
- My First Impression of Auckland, New Zealand
- Adina Apartment Hotel Auckland Britomart, New Zealand
- The North Island Must Do: Hobbiton and Rotorua
- Fiji Airways Business Class A350-900XWB Auckland to Nadi
- Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa – Nadi, Fiji
- Fiji Airways Premier Lounge – Nadi (NAN)
- Fiji Airways Business Class A330-200 Nadi to Singapore
- Malaysia Airlines Business Class 737-800 Singapore to Kuala Lumpur
- Malindo Air Business Class 737-900 Kuala Lumpur to Kathmandu
- Shopping Spree in Thamel – Kathmandu, Nepal
- Cathay Dragon Business Class A330-300 Kathmandu to Hong Kong
- 16-Hour Delay on my American Airlines, with a Happy Ending
- Cathay Pacific First Class 777-300ER Hong Kong to Los Angeles
- Fin: Final Flights and My Closure with American Airlines – It was Good While It Lasted
This time around, I only had an hour layover in Kuala Lumpur. I knew their Golden Lounge at the satellite terminal just underwent a construction a year or so ago. Even though I didn’t have time to have lunch there, at least I wanted to check out the newly remodeled space.
Upon presenting my boarding pass, I was immediately admitted to the first class lounge, thanks to my Oneworld Emerald status, even when flying business class.
The entrance feels a bit more open. The business class area is located on the left side, while the first class area is on the opposite side.
Similarly, the entryway seems a bit more open and bright.
There are a few chairs and coffee tables in the main area and a few artworks.
The dining area is located to the left, adjacent to the first sitting area. The carpet and furniture have been updated, though the location remains the same.
The main sitting area doesn’t change much either. But that’s not a bad thing because I really like how it’s laid out. I also do think that design is aesthetically pleasing. The best part of all is the view, which overlooks the tarmac.
Depending on what time of the day, a buffet station is available, which serves a variety of snacks, drinks, and light bites.
And a dozen or so chairs and tables right next to the buffet.
I think the most significant change was the location of the toilet and showers. Before the remodel, they were located at the end of the hallway towards near the day beds. After the renovation, the toilet and showers are located in the front section of the lounge.
It’s been a couple of years since I visited Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge before the renovation. What I can see, the update was minor, though I love the design. It has so many characters and does represent the Malay traditional design element.
I really wish I had time to sit down and have a proper lunch. As far as I can remember, the food was great. Perhaps, it’s something to look forward to on my next trip!